Pats Team 15

Pat Horan

IMG_0436This was our Pat’s Team weekend for 2015. It was October 10th to the 11th. It was fun again! The greatest family, friends, New Jersey cousins and a old friend showed from Trinidad. Friday I stayed at the hotel. On Saturday Will and I put out the shirts and people we know came by. I was there for 6 hours.

Then I went back to our house for a party. About 40 people showed up. That was great fun! Patty and I made the food. There was pasta and pies that were delicious. My Uncle had his birthday at the party. Some Army friends I haven’t seen in years showed up. It really was a good time. But I needed to go back to the hotel to get some sleep.

The next day I woke up at 5:30am. By 6:00 I was downstairs and my brother Chris and my friend Grooove were there with my trike. Then we parked next to the Pentagon. I got on my trike and we went to the start of the race. When I got there 50 wounded warriors were getting ready for the race. Even some PT and OT people I know were there doing the race. I started getting motivated!

The race started and I felt good. I left Virginia and went to D.C. I was right behind a trike for 5 miles. At the 7 mile I started to go back to Virginia. At the same time the runners were at the 5 miler. I decided to go faster! I past five or six trike for the last three miles. The runner never caught me. My time was only 1 minute slower than last year. Then I went to our tent AAFMAA/RWB Team. My brother-in-law, Steve, was there and showed me they had tons of food. For the next hour friends wearing “Pat’s Team” T-shirt and we took pictures.

Then we went to Samuel Beckett’s restaurant for the party. This year was fun again. We sat in the back or outside. The weather was perfect. There was a lot of rugby on the TV. One of my soldier from 9 years ago, Russell Vidler, came by. It was just a great gala.

At 7 o’clock I went to the hotel to sleep. Wilson and I needed to pass out. I stayed at a hotel. I went upstairs and opened the door. Then got in bed. 10 minutes later I was about to sleep. Then I heard a noise in the bathroom. It happens with these people for Pat’s Team. I got nothing to say thank you for the Pat’s Team weekend!

Pat Horan
Pat Horan

Leave a Reply